If you suffer from any form of anxiety then your definitely not alone.
At any one time it is estimated that
- 2% of people suffer with Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder
- 10% of people suffer with anxiety disorder
but at least 25% of people will suffer anxiety at some point in their lifetime,
That’s a huge number of people who are either living with or have lived with what can be a debilitating disorder. Even if you do not personally suffer from any form of anxiety the chances are there is somebody that you have interacted with in the last 24 hours that is suffering, potentially in silence, from the effects of anxiety.
According to the National Institutes of Mental Health there are 5 main types of anxiety:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder, GAD, is an anxiety disorder characterized by chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and tension, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviours (compulsions). Performing these so-called “rituals,” however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety
- Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks) is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by unexpected and repeated episodes of intense fear accompanied by physical symptoms that may include chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, or abdominal distress.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened.
- Social Phobia, or Social Anxiety Disorder, is an anxiety disorder characterized by overwhelming anxiety and excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations.
It is generally accepted in all cases where a person’s behaviour is being effected there is always some level of fear/threat/anxiety at play. The fear may be consciously recognised or it could be suppressed in their sub-conscious. The underlying cause for the fear / threat is very much specific to the individual, which can be why any generic form of treatment can often have limited results.
Through the use of a special form of hypnotherapy the underlying root cause for the individuals fear / anxiety can be gently brought to the surface. Once the underlying fear is identified and acknowledged the symptoms can quickly disappear, and the cathartic effect of the process leaves the individual feeling happier, lighter and able to see the world with more confidence and zest.
If you suffer from any form of anxiety or stress then please get in touch. I’ve helped many people with all forms of stress / anxiety and it would be my pleasure to help you as well. All communications are completely confidential.
Call today for a no obligation FREE consultation where we can discuss your specific concerns. What have you got to lose?
Also, all hypnotherapy sessions can be delivered to you in the comfort of your favorite armchair via Skype.
Here are some of my previous clients had to say about the process …
“After years of being affected with anxiety and it impacting my professional and personal life I was offered the opportunity of a session with John. The impact this has had on my life has been life changing. With situations happening since the therapy that would of thrown the old me into meltdown, I am now able to cope with anything that comes my way and the way I look at life and myself has completely changed.If you have the chance or are having doubts about the service that John provides, then don’t! Take the leap of faith and start improving yourself now.I can’t thank John enough for the improvement that he has made to me in such a short space of time after struggling on my own with it for years.” *
“Hi John, just wanted to let you know how thrilled I am with the outcome of my hypnotherapy session with you. As you know, I get very anxious when having to drive any long distance as I am always worrying about being too tired and need to sleep well the night before. Consequently I spend the whole night before the trip not sleeping! I usually start to get anxious about a week before, but a couple of weeks ago I had to drive to Berkshire which was going to be a couple of hours drive away. I can honestly say that I didn’t have any anxiety at the beginning of that week and also the night before my trip I slept perfectly well. Such a result as it now frees me up to go to other places! Thank you so much.”*
“I visited John for hypnosis for anxiety. He was recommended by a friend who he had previously helped with the therapy.
John made me feel at ease immediately, he took time to talk to me about how I feel and the concerns I had. The therapy itself was deeply relaxing and the results have been amazing! Within a week of my first session I felt more at ease in myself and was able to manage different situations that before I had the therapy would of caused me real anxiety.
I would highly recommend John, he is very professional and makes you feel comfortable and supported through out the whole process.”*
“I was recently hypnotised by John. Have to say that although previously sceptical, I did go into this really wanting it to work. John put me in what I can only describe as a trance like state. Although I could hear, I felt very relaxed, so much so, I wanted to stay like it! Some two and a half weeks later, I have realised that this works, really works! It’s not a conscious thing, but I have not experienced the knotted feelings I had on a daily basis since I was hypnotised. I don’t know how it works, but trust me – it does! Absolutely recommend you try this.”*